Monday, August 22, 2011

Quick sundresses before the summer ends



















So I made my niece, Isabella, 3 sundresses for her 4th birthday. I found the tutorial on Noodlehead's blog here. Just needed a few measurements and a quick dig through my stash, and voila, 3 cute dresses for one cute little girl. I added a little tag in the back just for fun.




Since those turned out so well, I decided that I needed my own sundress. I found a cute sample dress made up at Bobbin's Nest Studio. I picked up some delicious polka dot fabric and elastic thread at Bobbin's Nest. The pattern was free on Heather Ross's blog, found here. I had the polka dot ribbon in my stash. It was super easy and I loved how the elastic thread gave the top a smocked look. I think there will be more sundresses in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment